ADMISSION PROCESS FOR DIPLOMA IN HANDLOOM AND TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY
- The process of admission is initiated by sending an intimation letter to State Government along with Eligibility Criteria and Application format for advertisement in media for sponsoring the candidate. Intimation is sent to State Govt. for initiating admission process in the month of March, generally in the last week.
- Advertisement inviting application from the potential candidates is issued in various editions of two or more leading newspapers of which one should be of regional language, other mode of wider publicity - by the State Government.
- On receipt of applications from the candidates, the state government prepares and finalises the merit list subject to satisfying the qualifying standard and other eligibility conditions and depending on state reservation policy. Director Institute or his representative is a member in the committee constituted by the State Government for preparation/ finalisation of merit lists. The merit list so prepared is forwarded to Director, Institute.
- On receipt of the Merit List along with the applications of the candidates from the State Government, it is examined and verified in terms of Eligibility Criteria.
- The Letter for counseling is issued in order of merit to the candidates (in a ratio 1:3) giving them a time period of approximately 10 - 15 days for reporting for counseling.
- The letter for Counseling includes:
- 1. Declaration by the student
- 2. Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness
- 3. Form of Stipend Bond
- 4. Details of fees required to be deposited including mess advance for 5/10 months.
- No T.A/D.A is given to candidates for attending the counseling. On reporting for counseling, verify the originals submitted by the student along with application and enclosures for acceptance as per Admission check list (Format).
- The candidates are also required to produce the following Certificates/ testimonials in original along with one attested copy of each at the time of counseling and admission.
- 1.Certificates and mark sheet for the qualifying examination on the basis of which the admission to first Semester of DHTT is sought.
- 2.Certificates for date of birth
- 3.Caste Certificate from the Competent Authority (for reserved category)
- 4.Domicile Certificate.
- 5.Transfer/School leaving Certificate from Institution last attended
- 6. 3 nos. latest passport size photograph similar to that pasted in the Application form.
- 7.Stipend Bond
- 8.Certificate of physical fitness
- 9.Declaration by the student (in case of hostellers) duly signed by the candidate and countersigned by his/her Parents/Guardian.
- After verification of original documents duly filled up Admission Check list is placed to the Counseling committee along with Original Application and relevant certificates for approval of provisional admission.
- Counseling committee comprises of Director/Officer In charge, Asstt.Director (Admn.)/Sr. lecturer/Any other Gazetted officer and Director of Handlooms & Textiles of the concerned State or his representative.
- After the counseling followed by approval for provisional admission the candidates are required to fill up Admission form (Format) to make necessary payments fully in cash/Demand Draft as prescribed on the date of counseling itself. Part payment will not be accepted under any circumstances. If a candidate fails to pay the fees, immediately after the seat is offered to him/her, the offer will be withdrawn and the seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the Merit list. In case a candidate drops out after taking admission, his/her full fee will be forfeited.
- A candidate who fails to appear in person on the notified date and time for counseling, shall forfeit his/her claim for the seat offered to him/her and such seat will be offered to the next candidate in the merit list.
- Vacancies arising due to cancellation/any other reason for admission to first semester of DHTT course, will be calculated and notified for second counseling and invite the remaining candidates who could not get a chance in the first counseling in the ratio of 1:3 maximum.
- In the event of two candidates securing identical marks in aggregate then the candidate who had secured more marks in the Science subject will stand higher in the merit.
- If under extra ordinary circumstances the above conditions also remain identical, the eligible candidate having less age will be on higher merit. However, even if this also remains identical, the alphabetical order of the name of the candidates will be criteria for merit i.e. English alphabet A to Z.
- In case any discrepancy in submission of documents by the candidate, the student is admitted on the provisional basis providing a reasonable time by competent authority to submit the same, failing which the admission is treated as cancelled.
- A time schedule of counseling/admission every year is as under:
- Such students who are selected from the State merit list will be entitled for stipend of Rs.500/- P.M. for the First Year, Rs.550/- P.M. for the Third and Fourth Semester & Rs.600/- P.M. for Fifth and Sixth Semester. 50% of the stipend is paid by the Central Government and rest 50% by State Government for 10 month.
- However in the case the State Government is unwilling to contribute their 50% share for those students who are admitted over and above their earmarked quota, the student should give an undertaking that he will not be entitled for the State share of stipend, and he is eligible for Central government share only.
- Entire process of admission is through FAX, e-mail, Speed Post etc. to ensure that the process of admission is completed as per schedule.
- Admission Process will be made strictly on merit based on marks obtained in qualifying examination followed by the counseling at respective Institute.
|1||Publishing of Advertisement in local News Papers by the States.||10th May|
|2||Receipt of filled application by respective State.||10th June|
|3||Submission of Merit list of eligible candidates to Director IIHT by the State government.||2nd-3rd Week of June|
|4||First Counseling.||1st -15th July|
|5||Reporting to IIHT by the admitted candidates.||16th July|
|6||Second Counseling and Third Counseling, if necessary.||16th -31st July|
|7||Dispatch of status of admission as on 31st July by IIHT concerned to DCHL, New Delhi||31st July|